REDECORATION: CREATING AND TRANSFORMING ART AND OBJECTS (Part I).


















There are very creative and practical ways for you to transform the environments of your home without spending much or investing in time consuming renovations. The objects and/or accessories are fundamental pieces when decorating. The practicality they possess leaves the task of changing the rooms much easier and more fun. Thus, pillows, rugs, curtains, frames, lampshades and even the simple exchange of fabric in one piece can leave a totally different environment than it was before (here).



















In the late 1980s I was a member of Rotary Club in my city (Rotary Club Curitiba – Guabirotuba – D 4730, Curitiba, Paraná, Brazil). At that time, our club was visited by some Rotarians and their wifes from Canada for a visit to Brazil. As a club member I hosted one of the couples: Jacquie & Alvin Saville, members of the Rotary Club of Dryden ON Canada – District 555. You can laugh but the story of our post today starts here. To host that beloved couple in my house and uniting the practicality with the need I bought a sofa bed.











After a month the couple returned to Canada but the sofa bed continued at my home being used by my family. Some time later and still in good repair I took the sofa to my beach house. A few years later, the sofa fabric began to show wear and tear. For being a pet furniture and its structure still present very good and not knowing what destination to give to the old sofa, I covered it with a blanket and kept it in use.




















In fact, despite the time of use the sofa is very comfortable and still has its structure in excellent condition. So, I decided to renew it. I called my upholsterer and asked him to change the fabric. To do so, I chose a fabric in gray. Great!!! my expense was small and I received a practically new furniture.


























Another detail that intrigued me was the huge picture in “Gobelins” placed on the wall. Despite of its undoubted value and beauty it was not suitable for a beach house and also not fitting with my decoration style. In fact, I wanted a more cheerful, cozy, contemporary and industrial environment (all at the same time!!!    Is it difficult???).


















So, I went to the stores and bought two canvases for painting. Their size: 39.37in x 31.50in (100 x 80 cm). I took the paints, the brushes and.....let’s get down to business. Great!!! I painted both canvasses.





















As I wanted pictures with a more contemporary and colorful paintings I took inspiration from one of my favorite painters (Mondrian) and did a rereading of his works.

Transform!!!
Reinvent!!!
Do it yourself, DIY.
It's fun and rewarding.
To be continued in the next post.



REDECORANDO: CRIANDO E TRANSFORMANDO ARTE E OBJETOS (Parte I).
  
Em português (in portuguese).
  
Existem maneiras muito criativas e práticas para você transformar os ambientes da sua casa sem gastar muito ou investir em reformas demoradas. Os objetos e/ou acessórios são peças fundamentais na hora de decorar. A praticidade que eles possuem deixa a tarefa de mudar os cômodos muito mais fácil e divertida. Assim, almofadas, tapetes, cortinas, quadros, abajures e até mesmo a simples troca de tecido em uma peça podem deixar um ambiente totalmente diferente do que era antes (aqui).

No final dos anos 80 eu era um dos membros do Rotary Club em minha cidade (Rotary Club Curitiba Guabirotuba – D 4730; Curitiba, Paraná, Brasil). Nessa ocasião, nosso club recebeu a visita de alguns rotarianos e suas esposas vindos do Canadá para uma visita ao Brasil. Como membro do club eu hospedei um dos casais: Jacquie & Alvin Saville, membros do Rotary Club of Dryden  ON  Canada – District 555. Podem rir, mas a história de nosso post de hoje começa aqui.... Para hospedar o querido casal em minha casa e unindo a praticidade com a necessidade, comprei um sofá-cama.

Após um mês, o casal retornou ao Canadá mas o sofá-cama continuou em casa servindo minha família. Tempos depois, e ainda em bom estado de conservação, levei o sofá para minha casa de praia. Alguns anos depois, o tecido do sofá começou a apresentar desgaste e alguns rasgos. Por ser uma peça de estimação e sua estrutura ainda se apresentar muito boa, antes de decidir que destino dar velho sofá, resolvi cobri-lo com uma manta e mantê-lo em uso.

Em verdade, o sofá apesar do tempo de uso, é muito confortável e ainda tem sua estrutura em excelentes condições. Em razão disso, decidi por sua renovação. Assim, chamei meu estofador e mandei trocar o tecido por outro em cor cinza. Foi muito bom, minha despesa foi pequena e recebi um móvel praticamente novo.

Outro detalhe que me intrigava era o enorme quadro em “gobelim” colocado na parede e que apesar de seu indiscutível valor e beleza não era adequado para uma casa de praia e tampouco condizente ao estilo de decoração que eu desejava. Eu queria um ambiente mais alegre, aconchegante, contemporâneo e industrial ao mesmo tempo (difícil né!!!).

Assim sendo, fui às lojas e comprei duas telas para pintura, tamanho 100 x 80 cm, peguei as tintas, os pincéis e mão à obra, pintei as duas telas.

Como eu queria quadros com pinturas mais contemporâneas e coloridas, fui me inspirar num dos meus pintores favoritos (Mondrian) e fiz uma releitura de suas obras.



Transforme!!!
Reinvente!!!
Faça você mesmo!!!
É divertido e gratificante.
Continuamos no próximo post.