REDECORATION: CREATING AND TRANSFORMING ART AND OBJECTS (Part II).




















Continuing our previous post: Decorative throws and pillows are elements that can completely transform the style of an environment. With little investment we can bet on new colors, sizes and textures (here). So, I asked to my uphosterer to make some pillows with a fabric scraps I had. As he made few I went to the stores and bought more pillows and a decorative throw (here).



















In the living room of my beach house I had a table lamp and a floor lamp. Both lamps had a metal structure.



























The base of the floor lamp was filled internally by a cement mass that gave it weight and support. Due to the sea air in a short time the metal base of both luminaires was filled with rust. In addition, the cement mass of the floor lamp broke.



















At that moment my desire was to throw away both lamps. Upon reflexion, however, I decided to get them back. So, I sanded the bases and applied a rust remover. After a new sanding I cleaned them and finally the lamps were ready for painting. First of all I applied a PRIMER (gray) and later I painted them with a black paint.



















My greatest work was with the floor lamp. The fact is that besides the rust it still had lost the cement mass that gave it weight and sustainability. To solve this, I chose to rebuild its base using a “Stand Flower Pot Holder With Wheels”. Using a portable drill I made four holes in the wood and separated screws, nuts and washers for fastening. The stand was painted in black.


















In the same way, I made four holes in the metal base of the floor lamp. Then I applied PRIMER and painted it in black. Finally, I fixed the floor lamp to the wooden stand.












































When I was sure that I had finished all my work I decided to visit an antiquarian. The visit was nice but behold, suddenly I face a lovely table lamp. I did not hesitate and replaced the previous table lamp (I put it in my bedroom) for the lovely table lamp I had bought.



















Here is my redecorated living room of my beach house. A job that has taken several months but very tasty and pleasurable. Now my living room is light, cozy and especially at a very small cost.


















My redecorated living room at another angle of view.


After a few days I noticed the following: In my living room there were two decorative armchairs. These armchairs although they were made of solid wood (mahogany) and had a rare plastic beauty they do not miss comfortable. In fact, I clould clearly see that people who sat in them were moving in an attempt to better accommodate themselves and even moved. To solve this problem, I bought two other armchairs (in blue) and rearranged my decor. It got much better. Great!!!.

Anyone who is always aware of the novelties of the world of decoration must have already seen (and fell in love) with the paintings and walls with geometric figures. The trend which can be applied in any environment adds a hint of modernity and joy to space. In this case, the key point is the choice of colors (here). So, I decided to also make a small change in the decor of the dining room. So, nothing more practical and quick than changing the painting that was on the wall. So, I took a new canvas (47.24in x 31.49in or 120 x 80 cm) and made a geometric painting by mixing the basic colors of the two environment (black, white and gray). The result was lovely and my dining room won modernity.


I did it myself.
It was fun and inexpensive.
Everything became beautiful and cozy.
Do not hesitate!!! Do it yourself!!!
I’ll be back soon.




Em português (in portuguese).

REDECORANDO: CRIANDO E TRANSFORMANDO ARTE E OBJETOS (Parte II).


Continuando nossa postagem anterior: Mantas e almofadas são elementos decorativos que podem transformar completamente o estilo de um ambiente. Com pouco investimento podemos apostar por novas cores, tamanhos e texturas (aqui). Assim, mandei confeccionar almofadas com sobras de tecidos que eu tinha. Como eram poucas, fui às lojas e comprei mais almofadas e uma manta decorativa para o sofá (aqui).

Na sala de estar da minha casa da praia eu tinha duas luminárias: uma de mesa e uma de piso. A estrutura das luminárias era em metal cromado.

A base da luminária de piso era preenchida internamente por uma massa que lhe dava peso e suporte. Devido a maresia, em pouco tempo a base metálica de ambas as luminárias ficou cheia de ferrugem. Além disso, a massa de sustentação da luminária de piso quebrou.

Meu primeiro impulso foi o de jogar fora ambas as luminárias. Todavia, pensei melhor e resolvi recuperá-las. Inicialmente lixei as bases e passei um produto removedor de ferrugem. Após novo lixamento fiz a limpeza e, finalmente, as luminárias estavam prontas para a pintura. Inicialmente usei um PRIMER (cinza) e posteriormente as pintei com tinta preta.

Meu trabalho foi maior com a luminária de piso pois, além da ferrugem ela ainda havia perdido a massa cimentícia que lhe dava peso e sustentabilidade. Para resolver isso, optei por refazer sua base utilizando um suporte de madeira para vaso. Utilizando uma furadeira fiz quatro furos na madeira e separei parafusos, porcas e arruelas para a fixação. O suporte foi pintado com tinta preta.

Da mesma maneira, fiz quatro furos na base da luminária de piso. Em seguida, apliquei o Primer e depois fiz a pintura com tinta preta. Finalmente, fiz a fixação luminária de piso no suporte de madeira.

Quando pensei que havia terminado todo meu trabalho, resolvi visitar uma loja de antiguidades e eis que, dou de cara com um lindo abajour retrô de mesa. Não tive dúvidas, substitui o abajour de mesa anterior (coloquei-o no meu quarto) pelo lindo abajour que comprei.

Eis ai minha redecorada sala de estar da casa de praia. Um trabalho que levou meses mas que foi muito gostoso e prazeroso. Agora minha sala está leve, aconchegante e sobretudo a um custo muito pequeno.

Minha redecorada sala de estar em um outro ângulo de visão.

Após poucos dias observei o seguinte: Em minha sala também haviam 2 poltronas decorativas. Essas poltronas, muito embora fossem de madeira maciça (mogno), de apresentarem uma rara beleza plástica; não erram confortáveis. Eu percebia claramente que as pessoas que nelas se sentavam em pouco tempo ficavam se mexendo na tentativa de melhor se acomodar e, até mesmo, mudavam de lugar. Assim, comprei duas outras poltronas (azuis) e reorganizei minha decoração. Ficou muito melhor. Legal!!!!

Quem sempre está antenado nas novidades do mundo da decoração já deve ter visto (e se apaixonado) pelas telas e paredes com figuras geométricas. A tendência, que pode ser aplicada em qualquer ambiente, adiciona uma pitada de modernidade e alegria ao espaço. O ponto fundamental nesse caso, é a escolha das cores (aqui). Assim, decidi em também dar uma pequena alteração na decoração da minha sala de jantar. Nesse caso, nada mais prático e rápido do que trocar a tela que estava na parede. Peguei uma nova tela (1,20 x 0,80 m) e fiz uma pintura geométrica mesclando as cores básicas dos dois ambientes (preto, branco e cinza). Adorei o resultado e minha sala de jantar ganhou um ar de modernidade.



Eu mesmo fiz.
Foi divertido e econômico.
Tudo ficou lindo a aconchegante.
Não hesite!!! Faça você mesmo!!!
Volto breve.